Talking about ED can change your life
TALKING ABOUT SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION
TALKING TO YOUR PARTNER
Talking to your partner about ED can be difficult. But taking a first step can lead to a shared journey. You may be surprised by what your partner is thinking.
- Can we talk about why we have stopped having sex?
- There is something on my mind and I find it difficult to talk about.
- The fact is, I haven’t been able to make love with you. I want to change that.
- I know we have been distant lately. I think it is me. I am afraid to start anything in the bedroom in case I can’t finish.
- Hey, can we talk about our sex life a bit?
- I have trouble in bed sometimes. I’m afraid it might be ED.
- It seems my medication has a specific side effect. Let’s call a doctor and see if there’s something else we can try.
- I’m going to do something about ED and I want your help.
TALKING TO YOUR PARTNER WHO HAS ED
ED affects both of you and can result in frustration, anger and less intimacy. To show your support, get informed, choose your moment, and let him know he is not alone.
- Honey, I love you and I am here to help with whatever is on your mind. Do you want to talk about it?
- I love when we spend time together, and I like it best when you hold me. What can we do to get those moments back?
- We have a great relationship and I enjoy being with you, but things haven’t been the same between us.
- I know sex may be hard to talk about, but we need to address the ED. There are treatment options available and I want to help.
- There are a lot of couples that face this issue. I am here for you. We could talk to your doctor. What do you want to do?
- We work hard on our relationship, so let’s work hard on overcoming ED.
TALKING TO AN ED SPECIALIST
Talking to a doctor who specializes in ED treatment will help you find your best ED solution.
- Is it true that my health may affect my sexual performance?
- I’ve had ED for years. Is there anything I can do about it?
- I’d like to ask you about treatments to improve my sex life.
- I am having problems with my erections. Can this be treated?
- My sex life isn’t all that it could be. What can I do?
- Do any of my medications cause ED?
- Why am I having difficulty getting an erection?
- Are there new treatments for erectile dysfunction that I can try?
- Am I a candidate for a penile implant?
DID YOU KNOW?
TAKING THE NEXT STEP
Once the issue is out in the open, you may be ready to talk about treatment. It’s helpful if both partners go to the doctor together. Ask questions about medications and procedures, talk about your symptoms and ask about the best treatment option for you.
We have several resources that can help you take the next step.
- Find an Implanter in your area who can answer your questions in-person
Hear how real people found their solution for ED